Friday, October 12, 2007

Weekend Project: Find Worthy Nintendo Wii Games

wii This past Summer I scoured the internet for ways to find a Wii Console.  They were never available in my city when I looked for them.  In the end, I found them using a little trick I discovered using a back door website for Gamestop - I'll get to that later.  Anyway, here I am many months later with zero games purchased.  That's right, all I have for games are the standard Wii Sports that comes with the console.  Your mission this weekend and early next week is to help me find the best and most worthy Wii games you think I should purchase. 

Yes Wii Sports is an excellent package of games that we actually still enjoy.  Regardless, I desperately need to justify my Wii purchase and to do that I need some good games that make use of the motion sensing Wiimotes.

WII GAMES ON MY PURCHASE LIST

Here's my initial list.  I haven't tried any of them so I'm looking for your advice if you have any experience with them.  Also, please give me some recommendations in the comments below of games you'd add to the list.

Help!  My list is too short and I need some advice.  If you have any recommendations - or games I should stay away from let me know.

 

HOW TO FIND A WII IN STOCK IN YOUR AREA

Back to that backdoor site for finding a Wii console at Gamestop.  I'm guessing most of you are finding Wii Consoles easier now, but if not here's how I found mine:

1. Enter the following hyperlink into your web browser - LINK

2. You should see a page like this one (screen-shot of my area)

wii

You can see that even today, there are none in stock at Gamestops near me.  (it often does say more on the way so don't get too excited about that)

3. Now in your browser link, change the zip=64158 to your local zip code and hit ENTER

4. It should bring up a list of all the stores in your area ranked by closest to that zip code.  The second column will show if that store has any units in stock.

5. If you really want one and it shows a unit in stock.  Call the store - don't wait as they sell fast.  If they say there is one in stock head over there now - as I said the sell fast so go get one if you want one.

 

There you have it.  A call for some help from my readers on recommended Wii Games and a tip from me on how to find a Wii Console.  Happy Gaming and Have a Great Weekend!

RELATED STORIES:

Review of the wireless sensor bar

Get a Free Cushion Remote Jacket for Your Wii Remote
Wii Hacked: Play DVD's with a Wii Console

Convert Classic Nintendo Controllers to work with Wii

 

SUBSCRIBE IN RSS READER

SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL