Thursday, May 15, 2008

SageTV HD100 Extenders are Back!

  SageTV is ready for round three of their SageTV HD Extender sales.  Shortly after it's debut, the SageTV HD Extender that I reviewed this past December sold out and then when they came back in stock at the end of February they sold out even faster (in the matter of a day or two.)  SageTV announced this evening on their forums that the extender is back in stock and you can bet your remote control that they'll be a very hot item yet again.

I liked the review unit so much I purchased one for myself in February.  I have to say I LOVE these extenders.  It's the easiest way to get a quality HTPC extender that you don't have to mess with - it just works.  I've even tested it with the test HD-PVR files and it handles them perfectly.  That alone is reason enough to get one if you're in the market for the Hauppauge HD-PVR.

You can purchase the extender by itself for $199.95 plus shipping or as a bundle that includes the extender and a copy of the Windows, SageTV Media Center software for $249.95 ($29.95 savings).

The latest firmware on these extenders even let you take them with you on the road and placeshift TV, Movies and Music to anywhere with an internet connection.  I count these as highly recommended.

Purchase the SageTV HD Extender or Bundle at the SageTV store.

Note:  The SageTV HD extender only works with SageTV.  It does not work with Vista Media Center, MythTV or any other HTPC software.  More information on SageTV can be found at the SageTV Website.